Interested in reading new things this year?
Join other readers in Challenge Your Shelf, a reading challenge to help diversify, expand, and introduce new genres to your reading habits. Read 25 books by December 31st by following our prompts and turn in your log to win a prize!
Stop by the Adult Services desk starting March 1st to sign up and get a list of the prompts and a reading log to record your books or check our website to get started.
How it works:
Read one book for 25 of the 30 prompts and earn a prize. You should have 5 prompts leftover. Use the reading log to record the titles and authors of the books you’ve read. Turn in your log at the Adult Services desk by the end of the year to earn a prize.
One prompt per book. Audiobooks and ebooks can be used for all of the prompts.
If you are stuck on a prompt, ask a librarian for recommendations!
SIGN UP HERE:
1. Book of a movie/TV show you’ve seen
2. An Antiracist book
3. A book with an LGBTQIA+ author or character
4. An Own voices book
5. A travel memoir
6. A book from a library display
7. Portal Fantasy
8. A graphic novel
9. A Banned book
10. A Book of poetry
11. A novella
12. An Edgar Award Winner/nominee
13. A Space Opera
14. A book about books or reading
15. A political thriller
16. A book with a happily ever after
17. A book recommended by a celebrity
18. A microhistory
19. An epistolary novel
20. First book in a series
21. A book inspired by another literary work
22. A book about something you’ve always wanted to learn about
23. A book about sports
24. A best-seller from genre you don’t normally read
25. A classic of genre fiction
26. A book in translation
27. A humor book
28. Historical fiction
29. An audiobook
30. A book featuring royalty