Who We Are
The Friends of Sayville Library is a small but active group of community members dedicated to the improvement of our public library.
Our mission is to promote, advocate, foster and encourage community support and goodwill for the resources of the Sayville Library, and to solicit, collect, and otherwise raise money to be used by the Friends for the benefit of the Library, thereby providing resources not available through the Library's current operating budget.
Are you a friend to the library? Why not join us!
|Vice President||Donna Formica|
|Member at Large||Lorraine Martin|
|Member at Large||Kristen Lind|
|Member at Large||Marie Mandell|
|Member at Large||Bonnie Glenn|
Friends at Work
The Friends of Sayville Library have been hard at work improving our library.
Some of our recent accomplishments include:
- Annually Sponsor Museum Passes
- Actively Contribute to Adult Summer and Winter Reading Clubs
- Actively Contribute to Teen and Children's Summer Reading Programs
- Annually Present Service Awards to Graduating Seniors
- Annually Organize and Participate in Bake Sale at Fire Island Ferries
- Publish Member Newsletters
- Participate in Numerous Staff Appreciation Events
- Purchased Digital Software for Public Computers
- Info Table - Chamber's Fall Festival on Main Street
- National Friends of Libraries Week – October, Sayville Friend's Membership Drive