Applying for a Job
- Full Time employment opportunities at the Library are filled according to the Rules & Regulations of the Suffolk County Department of Civil Service. Applicants for full time positions are required to take the appropriate Civil Service Test and their names must appear on a certified list. Additionally applicants for full time Librarian positions must have Public Librarian Certification from the New York State Education Department and possess a Masters in Library and Information Science or related degree.
- Applicants for Part Time positions need not be on a certified list but must meet the Civil Service requirements for the position.
- Part Time Library Pages are students who must have working papers.
Network & Systems Technician (PT)
88 Greene Ave
Sayville, NY 11782
The Sayville Library is seeking a part-time Network and Systems Technician. The Library’s IT staff is responsible for the purchase, installation, and maintenance of the Library’s software and hardware systems. The Library maintains public access and staff workstations and operates a variety of network systems.
The ideal candidate should be eager to learn and able to work with both Library patrons and staff.
Salary - $22.00 per hour
Up to 17 hours per week. This position may require nights and weekends.
Candidates must be eligible for the position under Civil Service Guidelines:
- graduated from high school or possess a high school equivalency diploma.
- have two (2) years of experience in a position working with information technology equipment.
To be considered for this position please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit completed application to Sayville Library, 88 Greene Avenue, Sayville, NY 11782.