How do I get a library card?
Interested in borrowing any of our materials?
If you have any questions regarding our borrowing policies, please contact us by phone at (631) 589-4440.
*You must have your library card or driver's license in order to check out materials from the library.
*Library cards expire every three (3) years.
There are two ways of registering for a new library card:
- Stop at the Circulation Desk in person to register for a new card with a staff member in-person
- Fill out the form below, including uploading photo ID and proof of residence, to receive a new card by mail
Identification & Proof of Address
As a resident of Sayville School District, in order to receive a Sayville Library card you will need a current, valid photo ID and proof of address. A listing of acceptable forms of identification are as follows:
- A valid NYS driver's license*
- A DMV photo ID*
- A current Town of Islip ID card
- A passport
- A college or university ID (for students)
Proof of Address:
- A utility bill, dated within 30 days, showing residence within the Sayville School District boundaries
- A copy of a lease agreement, mortgage or tax bill showing residence within the Sayville School District boundaries
*Starred items that include an address within the Sayville School District boundaries can be used as both photo ID and proof of address.