How do I get a library card?
Interested in borrowing any of our materials?
If you have any questions regarding the policy, please contact us by phone at (631) 589 - 4440.
*You must have your library card or driver's license in order to check out materials from the library.
*Library cards expire every three (3) years.
You have two ways of registering for a new library card:
- Come to the library and the Circulation Department will help you get a new card you can leave with or
- You can fill out the form below, including uploading proof of residence, and we can mail you a new card
Identification & Proof of Residence
To get a Sayville Library card you will need one (1) form of identification. A listing of acceptable forms of identification are as follows:
- A valid NYS driver license
- A current Town of Islip ID card
- A utility bill, dated within 30 days, showing residence within the Sayville School District boundaries
- A copy of a lease agreement, mortgage or tax bill showing residence within the Sayville School District boundaries
- A current Sayville School ID (for students)
- A current College or University ID (for students)