The Sayville Library is open to the public, with all services available. In-person programming has resumed, alongside continuing virtual programming. Curbside pickup and 24/7 pick-up locker remain as options for those who prefer.
Please note that precautions are in place to prioritize the health and safety of our staff and patrons. The Library provides proper personal protection equipment for its staff; and will implement guidelines and recommendations from our local health officials and the CDC. While in the Library, unvaccinated Library patrons and visitors will wear face coverings and practice social distancing at all times, as per current CDC guidelines.
We thank you for your patience, cooperation, and ongoing support!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What safety measures are in place?
To ensure the safety of patrons and Library staff, the following safety measures are in place:
- All unvaccinated Library patrons and visitors (age 2 and up) are encouraged to wear face coverings at all times in accordance to CDC guidelines.
- All unvaccinated Library patrons and visitors will maintain a minimum of six feet of distance between themselves and other persons. Anyone refusing to follow proper social distancing may be asked to leave the Library.
- No individual should enter the Library if they are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- Protective barriers are installed at service desks.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are available in all areas.
- All Library staff will wear face coverings at all times while in public areas of the Library.
Is the Library accepting donations?
The Library is accepting limited donations at this time. Please call the Library to see if we are able to accept your donations.
Is the Library offering programs?
The Library has resumed in-person programs for adults, teens, and children. Program capacity may be limited to adhere to social distancing guidelines. We will continue to offer virtual programs through a variety of platforms as well as our popular Grab & Go programs. The safety and health of our patrons and staff is our priority and we will continue to abide by NYS and Suffolk County regulations and guidelines.
Are the Library meeting rooms available for use?
Community groups may apply for use of Library meeting rooms, but please note that there is limited availability. The Meeting Room Request application is located here. Call 631-589-4440 ext. 357 to inquire about the use of a meeting room.